7 Most Important Things To Know Before Buying CBD
There is a very fascinating and vast number of health benefits that CBD offers. After the Farm Bill was finally passed in 2018, industrial hemp became legal, and production and sale started growing rapidly. Since then, in America, the CBD industry is growing very fast.
There are many different products in the market. Some of them are CBD tinctures, CBD creams, CBD balms, CBD lotions, CBD gummies, etc. Every CBD made product is created differently, and all of them offer a different experience when you use them.
Not all CBD, nor all CBD products, are created equal. Therefore it is important reading the list of ingredients used in making the CBD product. It should be one of the most important steps before purchasing a CBD product. CBD products mainly have additional ingredients like melatonin & MCT oils for extra benefits.
Melatonin can be helpful with the one's having sleep problems. But some products contain propylene, glycol, and vegetable glycerin that can be harmful. Also, CBD gummies contain artificial colors & flavors, which are useless for us.
Here are some things to know before buying CBD, before you start filling up your online shopping carts or hitting the health food store!
1. Look for CBD brands that offer transparency of their products. This means any of the following:
- Certificates of Analysis (COAs) showing the CBD & THC contents of products
- Information about how and where products are formulated
- Clear information about the potency: How many milligrams (mg) of CBD per gram (g).
- Disclaimers--I know it’s counterintuitive, but conscientious brands know that they need to be clear about how little is known about therapeutic and health benefits of CBD products!
2. What you want to get from using CBD products. This will help you choose which thing to buy and how much to spend. Here are some possibilities.
- Sleep or Anxiety support: You’ll want CBD you consume, so CBD oil or gummies or water.
- Sore Muscle support: Best to use a topical CBD product--these are available in just about any consistency you can imagine--balms, lotions, gels, you name it.
- And just to be clear--it is a really good idea to chat with your physician before you start taking CBD!
3. Full-spectrum vs. Broad-spectrum CBD.
- Full-spectrum refers to products that are made with CBD distillate or extract that has both CBD and other “minor” cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, and THC.
- Broad-spectrum refers to products that have had the THC eliminated.
- The conventional wisdom is that Full-spectrum CBD products are more effective because of the entourage effect, meaning that the cannabinoids work together to increase the positive work in your body.
4. Dosage is an inexact science.
- Everybody is different when it comes to CBD. Only you can determine the best amount of CBD for you!
- Experimentation is essential--start with a lower dose and work your way up, pay attention to the time of day and how it makes you feel. We recommend taking notes.
5. Adverse effects are possible.
- Some folks get sleepy
- Some folks report no effect
6. Drug Tests for Work
- If you’re using a full-spectrum CBD product, you may test positive for THC from using full-spectrum CBD oil. If you employment depends on a clean test, probably use broad-spectrum or a THC-free CBD product or avoid them all together.
7. Legality concerns.
- In the US CBD is legal in all 50 states.
- CBD is not regulated in most states at this time, which is why an abundance of caution is warranted.
All in all, CBD is not a joke--it’s important to be careful with your health and with anything you take to ease any kind of discomfort you’re experiencing.
We also understand how attractive it is to try therapies that are unconventional, especially if you’re a devotee of herbal medicine or have experienced relief from cannabis, and the conventional wisdom holds that CBD products, because they are plant-based or herbal, will not harm.
However, many potent medicines and remedies are herbal or plant-based and need to be used with caution and knowledge. It’s OK to be skeptical, but it’s important to be careful, please avail yourself of the resources at your disposal to proceed with caution!
Frequently Asked Question
Q. What are different CBD products in the market?
A. There are many different products in the market. Some of them are CBD tinctures, CBD creams, CBD balms, CBD lotions, CBD gummies, etc.
Q. What is Full-spectrum CBD?
A. Full-spectrum refers to products that are made with CBD distillate or extract that has both CBD and other “minor” cannabinoids like CBG, CBN, and THC.
Q. What is Broad-spectrum CBD?
A. Broad-spectrum refers to products that have had the THC eliminated.